Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Just the first pages


Sveta: I've read the first 60 pages. Frankly speaking, I managed to understand very little. The sticking point is the characters' colloquial speech. But!! McMurphy is awesome. It's exactly the type of character for Jack Nicklson to feature. I look forward to watching the film "One flew over the cuckoo's nest". By the way, I found out that Ken Kessey died just five years ago. Just have a look at him. Looks nice, isn't it? If you're interested, you may read a couple of lines about him: http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/kkesey.htm Maybe I'll succeed in posting an audiofile with his interview, if someone helps me (a hint for those, who are good with computers)...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sasha: Svetik, unfortunately, I have to admit that I'm TOO FAR from being a computer genius, though I'm really the only person who leaves messages on our blog. And it seems like other members of my group will never do it))) When I first saw your blog, I was sure that YOU are the computer genius!!! I would be glad to help you with audio clips, but I even don't know how to post photos... So could you help me???

Anna V. Filatova said...

Ok, it looks like I can help you with that, Sasha. It's really easy. When you are composing a message, there is an icon on the toolbar that stands for a picture. You click it and just upload the picture. Then you choose a layout (picture on the left, on the right, above the text) and you can also customize the size of the picture. Don't forget to cite the image source!

Sveta, I'll find out how to upload audio files on your blog and will get back to you soon. It might be a good idea just to provide a link to the interview. I am impressed that you got excited about Ken Kesey. He was quite a character.

PS Sveta, Sasha, how come your team members aren't posting?...

Anna V. Filatova said...

Sveta, I just want to encourage you to keep reading the book. It is a little challenging at first, but you'll come to enjoy it soon. The language is going to become easier, too.

Anna V. Filatova said...

Sveta, I hope this link http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/10/really-simple-mp3-player.html will help you solve the audio file problem.

Do you feel like providing the URL for the picture of Ken Kesey? Thanks!

Anna V. Filatova said...

Sveta, I have found another solution to your problems with uploading audio files. Check out the PowerPoint presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/ClaudiaB/podomatic-create-or-upload-audio-files-and-post-them-to-your-blog/

Good luck!
A.V.