Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More than awesome

Sveta: now I think I can add more details to Mc'Murphy's personality than just "awesome". I completely Agree with Lilya on the point that it's absolutely sane of him to swap a prison sentence for the life in the mental hospital. Moreover, I'm starting to think that he is more reasonable than Dr. Harding and the Big Nurse. While his argument with Dr. Harding, Mc'Murphy proved to be better-attached-to-life, if I can put it that way. Doctor is like a naive child believing the Nurses's humane intentions while she simply needs to demonstrate her power over the mentally disabled. It's a token of a weak person, I suppose. She does her best to conceal her weakness and fears. No surprise, she has no family, no children. Maybe, it's for the better. I can't imagine her raising her own offspring. As for Mc'Murphy, he makes the doctor believe he's sane. Of course, Harding doesn't notice that he treats Mc'Murphy in a kind of respectable way.

2 comments:

Anna V. Filatova said...

Sveta,
thanks for the post. I agree,Nurse Ratched is quite a character. I'd like to talk with you about her here as you read further.

My memory may fail me, but it seems to me that Harding is an acute patient and Dr.Spivey is an addicted doctor who is supposed to be in charge of McMurphy's treatment and who is being manipulated by Big Nurse. Can you please double-check?

Sunrise said...

Anna Vladimirovna, you were right - Dr.Harding is an Acute. Elya and Lilya have enlighted me. I guess I'm going mad slowly but efficiently.